Firstly, don’t panic. If you are anxious about bees then just leave them alone and retreat to a safe place. If you would like a beekeeper to remove them for you please confirm that they are honeybees by checking here first before contacting your nearest swarm collector.
There are many different types of bees and similar looking insects but we can only provide help if the bees you have found are honeybees and are accessible safely and easily.
We have over fifty beekeepers that are registered to collect swarms in Hertforfordshire. To find your nearest, enter your postcode at the British Beekeepers Association’s website:
If you are unable to locate someone then we have seven regional coordinators that can help you.
- East Herts – Andy French ☏ 07920 567129 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- North Herts – Chris Saunders ☏ 07927 941065 (email@example.com)
- South East Herts – John Field ☏ 07545 563066 (sehbka@firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hertford & Ware – Michael Cook ☏ 01992 423092 or ☏ 07949 635563 (email@example.com)
- Welwyn – Lieva Nation ☏ 07949 624354 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- St Albans – Anne Wingate ☏ 01727 874 626 (email@example.com )
- West Herts – Diane Bruce ☏ 01923 775943 (firstname.lastname@example.org)