The courses follow the BBKA Basic Assessment syllabus, covering
- Inspecting a Honeybee Colony
- Beekeeping equipment
- The natural history of the Honeybee
- Beekeeping in general
- Diseases and Pests
Important: For those wishing to progress on to further training including taking the associated Assessments and/or examinations, then you are required to have first passed your Basic Assessments.
Letchworth Garden City – NHBKA
This course is aimed at teaching you all you need to know to take the BBKA BAsic Assessment. To take the Basic Assessment you should have managed at least one colony of bees for a minimum of 12 months. Our course runs over 4 Sunday Afternoons for those wishing to take their BBKA Basic Assessment certificate in beekeeping.
Cost £25 per person
Sunday 7th April 2019 Mrs Howard Memorial Hall, Letchworth
Sunday 14th April 2019 Mrs Howard Memorial Hall, Letchworth
Sunday 5th May 2019 at the NHBKA training apiary for swarm prevention
Sunday 12th May 2019 at the NHBKA training apiary for Mock Assessment
Welwyn Garden City
ChristChurch Peartree Halls, Welwyn Garden City
- A very useful 2 evening course for those with at least two or three years’ experience, regardless of whether you’ve attended previous courses, self-taught, or a combination of the two.
- It provides a check for you as to how well you’re doing, and areas that might need some ‘brushing up’.
- Optionally you may then wish to take the BBKA Basic Assessment.
- across 3 Wednesday evenings 20th and 27th March, and 3rd April 2019
- 7.30 pm to 10.00 pm
- Attendance Fee £15 (towards cost of hall)
- please email email@example.com