Each year, the Beekeeping Beginners Courses are intentionally run starting around March in readiness for those wishing to start beekeeping straight away sufficient time to gain a good basic understanding; obtain equipment, clothing, etc.; and make all the necessary preparations for introducing a colony of bees at the ideal time of April to June.
They’re also for those wishing to take a slower approach to help another beekeeper or just observe for a year or so, and for those simply wishing to gain a better understanding of the Honeybee and the role of the Beekeeper.
Obviously it is preferable for you to attend a course close to where you live so that you meet with new and existing Beekeepers in your local Beekeeping Branch.
However, the courses are run at different times so that you’re able to attend a course out of your area if the timing of your local course is not possible, but still join your local Beekeeping Branch if and when you take up Beekeeping
Chiswell Green, near St Albans
United Reformed Church, Watford Road, Chiswell Green, St.Albans, AL2 3HG.
- Comprising 4 sessions: Thursday 1st, Friday 9th, Thursday 15th, and Thursday 22nd February 2018
- 7.30 pm to 10.00 pm
Methodist Church Hall, Middlefield Rd, Hoddesdon EN11 9ED.
- Comprising 6 Sunday sessions 8th 15th 22nd and 29th April, and 6th and 13th May 2018
- 2 pm to 4 pm
Letchworth Garden City
Mrs Howard Memorial Hall, Norton Way South, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 1NX
- Comprising 5 Sunday sessions 25th February, 4th 11th 18th and 25th March 2018
- All from 2:30 pm to 5 pm
- A Saturday/Sunday in April for a visit to the training apiary – date weather dependent
Much Hadham, nr Bishops Stortford
Hopleys Plants in Much Hadham.
- Comprising 5 Wednesday sessions 11th, 18th and 25th April, and 2nd and 9th May 2018
- 8.00 pm to 10.00 pm – doors open 7.30 pm
- An Apiary session (date to be advised – weather dependent)
Combewood, Horseshoe Lane, Watford WD25 7HL
- Comprising 8 Wednesday evenings, or 2 Weekends 2018
- Sorry, both now fully subscribed
Welwyn Garden City
ChristChurch Parkway Halls, Welwyn Garden City
- Comprising 4 Tuesday evenings 6th 13th 20th and 27th March 2018
- 7.30 pm to 10.00 pm
- Practical session Saturday Morning/Afternoon 17th March 2018
- An Apiary session in April (date weather dependent)