Each year, the Beekeeping Beginners Courses are intentionally run starting around March in readiness for those wishing to start beekeeping straight away sufficient time to gain a good basic understanding; obtain equipment, clothing, etc.; and make all the necessary preparations for introducing a colony of bees at the ideal time of April to June.
They’re also for those wishing to take a slower approach to help another beekeeper or just observe for a year or so, and for those simply wishing to gain a better understanding of the Honeybee and the role of the Beekeeper.
Obviously it is preferable for you to attend a course close to where you live so that you meet with new and existing Beekeepers in your local Beekeeping Branch.
However, the courses are run at different times so that you’re able to attend a course out of your area if the timing of your local course is not possible, but still join your local Beekeeping Branch if and when you take up Beekeeping
- Venue : Methodist Church Hall, Middlefield Rd, Hoddesdon EN11 9ED.
- 6 Sunday sessions 19th 26th March, and 2nd 9th 16th and 23rd April 2017
- 2 pm to 4 pm
- please email email@example.com
Letchworth Garden City
- Venue : Mrs Howard Memorial Hall, Norton Way South, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 1NX
- 4 Sunday sessions 5th 12th 19th 26th March 2017
- Saturday 25th March
- All from 2:30 pm to 5 pm
- A Saturday in April for a visit to the training apiary, weather dependant
- please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venue : Hopleys Plants in Much Hadham.
- 5 Monday sessions 27th March, 10th and 24th April, and 15th and 22nd May 2017
- 8,00 pm to 10.00 pm – doors open 7.30 pm
- An Apiary session (date is weather dependent)
- please email email@example.com
Watford (West Herts)
- Venue : Combewood, Horseshoe Lane, Watford WD25 7HL
- 8 Wednesday evenings 8th and 22nd February, 8th and 22nd March, 19th and 26th April, 3rd and 10th May 2017
- 7:30 pm to 9.30 pm
- Apiary sessions Saturdays 22nd and 29th April, 6th and 13th May (weather permitting)
- 1:30 pm to 3.00 pm
- please email Training@westhertsbees.org.uk 07751044334
Welwyn Garden City
- Venue : Christchurch Parkway, 110 Parkway, Welwyn GC, AL8 6HN
- 4 Tuesday evenings 7th 14th 21st and 28th March 2017
- 7:30 pm to 10.00 pm
- Practical session during Saturday 18th March
- An Apiary session in April (date weather dependent)
- please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venue : Hertford Club, Lombard House, Bull Plain, Hertford, Herts, SG14 1DT
- Saturday 1st April starting at 12 noon till 2 pm
- Further session to be arranged at a later date to suit attendees.
- Please email Michael Cook email@example.com for further information
Talk to your local Beekeeping Branch
You may wish to talk to your local Beekeeping Branch and perhaps get involved with the Branch out of interest or to help you plan what level of involvement you’d like to progress.
Click here for our branch contact details